You probably don’t think about dog poop too much and that is understandable. We are here to educate you on why dog poop pick up services exist and why they are important. Picking up dog poop helps us all! Here are 5 facts about dog poop to help prove our point…
1. Did you know that nearly two decades ago, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) classified pet waste as a dangerous pollutant in the same category as toxic chemicals and oil?
2. All waste is not created equally! Contrary to popular opinion, dog poop is not fertilizer. Because of most dog’s diets, their waste is poison to your yard and garden.
3. Pet waste is teaming with E. Coli and other harmful bacteria including fecal coliform bacteria, which causes serious kidney disorders, intestinal illness, cramps and diarrhea in humans.
4. The average dog will deposit approximately 15,000 pounds of poop in its lifetime. That’s A LOT of Poo!
5. 10 out of 10 people agree, poo on your shoe is disgusting.
If you didn’t know, now you do! Educate your dog loving friends!